Thursday, May 17, 2007

Miter Report

Here's the current progress shot of my miter thing.
mitered square thing

I've been toying with the idea of a bag but I'm still just playing. Several very nice people have offered to send me some sock yarn leftovers. Thank you very much - this is the kindness of knitters part. I've also done two yarn swaps on Good Yarn Karma
Yarn for sock yarn leftovers.

I have people write to me in the comments section asking questions that I would reply to but I can't because I have no address. When you comment as annoymous I see no address to reply to. Really, it seems so rude not to answer you; I would if I could. In the top left hand corner of my blog, next to my picture, my email address is right there if you would like to get in touch with me without posting a comment.

The San Diego County Fair is coming up and I've been working on entries in the Spinning Division. They have a new catagory this year of Hand-dyed, Handspun. I started playing around with dry dyeing. Usually you soak your fleece before applying dye; as you have all ready figured out dry dyeing is where you apply the dye to dry fleece.
dry dye fleece
have to say the method is a mess since the dye doesn't soak in. I'm pleased with the end product.

here's a close up of the fingering weight 2-ply I spun from this dry-dyed merino superwash
dry dye closeup

I also played with dyeing a DK weight I spun
multi dye yarn

here's a close-up
multi dye closeup

which would you enter?

Changing the topic to cooking, have you seen the blog My Husband Cooks? Just for fun here's what my Husband made two nights ago
dinner

#2 Daughter gave him a wok for his Birthday and he's been stir-frying like a Pro ever since. This time he made a Cantonese Chicken and Mushroom Stir-fry.

And lastly a good picture of my little black cat, Sammie. (It's not easy photographing a black cat; The Photographer gets credit for this one.)
Sammy_2007

That's what's been going on here...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *really* love the yarn spun from the dry dye roving. It has a great heathered richness from the strongly contrasting colors. Love, love, love it. I am so going to try that myself. I like they other yarn too, but this one stands out.

Drat, now I am hungry. It is lunch time and that food looks perfect right now.

Sammie is very cute.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, he's beautiful, that is a great pic.


I'd enter the first one. They're both lovely, but the first one jumps out more.

Carol said...

It is too hard to decide on which one to enter....I love them all..

SheepsPyjamas said...

Both came out fantastic; I'd have to agree with the concensus, though -- the first one is so different from what's usual, it's quite eye-catching! I'm definitely going to have to give the dry dye a try (there's a mouthful to say!)...

Hope you're feeling better!

The socklady said...

Think I must have been standing right beside you when BSG entrance pix was taken, have almost exact same pix, its my Subaru with British Columbia license plate in your pix.