Friday, June 01, 2007

This and a bit of that

Where did the last two weeks go? Wish I could say I've been having a wonderful time; unfortunately for me I've been sick for the last eight days. I picked up some incredibly vicious virus that just doesn't want to let go - the horrible chest and head cold that keeps on giving variety.

I don't have much to blog about.

Wednesday, the 23rd, I ordered four bobbins for my new Sonata Wheel which were delivered Friday the 25th! I was surprised at the delivery speed. When I unpacked the box
broken bobbin
I found one bobbin had split. There wasn't any damage to the box it looks like a fault in the wood.

I had bought the spindles on ebay from Seller Coppermoose. He ask me to send a picture. The replacement bobbin arrived in Tuesdays', the 29th, mail. Can you believe I didn't have to pack up the broken bobbin and schlep it to the Post Office, wait for it to be delivered and then wait some more for his package? I've very happy with the way this problem was handled. Next time you need spinning supplies look him up.

A friend and I went to a Sewing Expo show in Del Mar several weeks ago. The only thing I bought was a cute little sock change purse. Sock knitter that I am I couldn't resist.
Sock purse

Now for the beauty shot here's a close-up of a Hibiscus bloom
hotbiscus
A local breeder has come up with a new variety he calls Hotbiscus. As usual, I can't tell you this one's name. Here's a link for more information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon, you were missed Wednesday!