Friday, February 27, 2009

It needs more Cow Bell!!

Not much to show for the past couple weeks. I've been knitting but sticking to just two projects which is unusual for me. Normally I'm working on four or more projects at one time; what can I say, "I just like variety."

The main project is a store sample. Since I don't get to keep them, store samples are quick projects that I enjoy knitting but I don't want to devote lots of time to BUT I've found one of those rare patterns that has a rhythm to the knitting and I can't seem to put it down. I believe I'm committed to the end of the yarn. It's the very popular Lace Ribbon Scarf on Knitty.
Lace Ribbon in Ella Rae

I'm using Ella Rae's Lace Merino (which is more of a fingering weight than lace weight) in color 110. A yellowy light green.
Ella Rae Lace Merino
For true colors check out the yarn here.

I'm also still plugging away on my Barn-Raising Quilt blocks. I have 16 finished squares now; everyone a different yarn. I have two blocks that I thought were different yarns but they ended up looking very similar - not sure if I'll use the duplicate looking one or not.

I also am wondering how busy this quilt is going to look with all that changing color. Should I make a bunch of solid color squares to alternate with the more colorful ones. (That might be a problem as I don't have much solid superwash fingering weight yarn, either new or left overs.)

And I'm running out of left overs so I've started combining small bits together and coming out with some great looking squares IMHO.

combined yarn square

That's it for knitting around here. I have been spinning but it's still that same white corriedale fleece I've posted before. Six and one-half pounds is beginning to feel like a life time's amount of fleece.

The Photographer went to the final stage of the Amgen Tour of California and has some pictures posted here if you're interested in the race.

Cowbell_IMG_2629
(cowbell passed out at the beginning of the race)

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I love the lace scarf and am going to try it as soon as I get my other projects under control. Of course I knitted a sweater for machine knitting today and need to sew it up and then knit the cable bottom to it. and I also started a pair of clogs to felt. One done and one to go. Happy knitting!