Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Sock, It Doesn't Fit

Grumble, grumble...

The first Ashes sock was done down to the toe decreases when I finally tried to get my foot in it - disaster! There was so little stretch to the fabric that I couldn't get my heel into it. I ripped it back last night and decided to make the heel flap longer but after thinking about it over night I'm afraid I'm going to have to rip the whole thing out. If you can't even get your heel down to the heel making the heel flap longer isn't going to help - duh!

I usually make a 64 stitch sock in fingering weight yarn; the ashes pattern has you cast on 64 stitches, do your 2/2 ribbing then decrease down to 60 stitches to do the pattern. The smaller number of stitches along with the not so stretchy pattern stitch equaled: the sock, it doesn't fit!

Haven't decided if I'll start over and increase to 66 stitches or just use another pattern altogether. [insert favorite curse word - see Ravelry]

I was really liking that sock and pattern stitch.

Just to end on something nice and cute, go to City Knitting and see their clever sheep logo. I'm so enamored of that sheep chart I may have to order their bag.

No comments: