Sunday, March 09, 2008

New Toy - Lucet

My Lucet came in the mail this week.
lucet

Dave of "The-Blog-That-Shall-Remain-Nameless-and-Linkless" has frequently shown cords made on his Lucet. Then he posted a link to a YouTube Lucet Demo and I was intrigued.
YouTube Link Here


I found Margaret of The Rogue Lucette and ordered a beautiful cherry wood Lucet. Took me about an hour before my cords smoothed out - it's all about the tension you keep the working thread under. Now I plan on making some pullcord bags for small knitting projects. (Help me used up some of my quilting fabric stash!) Dave suggests that these cords are a great use of left over sockyarn - I've lots and lots of leftovers that I couldn't bare to trash.

One funny/odd/eerie thing - when I pulled the Lucet box out of my mailbox, the address label looked like I had printed it (except for her twos - that's the only difference.) I ask Margaret about it and turns out we both attended Catholic School at the time we were being taught our letters and numbers - except she was in Ohio and I was in Southern California. How's that for a coincidence?

Not much knitting to show this week. I did rip out the I-cord on the Mason-Dixon Baby Kimono and took Wendy's suggestion to use fewer stitches. Going from four stitches down to three did make a difference in the bulk. That K2tog with worsted weight dishcloth cotton takes some strength so I can only do a couple inches at a time.

I did find out that you can not notice you have a head cold while you have a migraine; something I would rather not have ever learned.

Are you watching the photos coming from the Iditarod - The Last Great Race? The human participants all look the same, male or female; when you're wearing that much clothing who can tell? I watch for the DOGS! The DOGS are the stars as far as I'm concerned!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

That looks so fun. I love he video. Sorry to hear you have had a migrain and now a head cold. We have had that going around here too. I didn't get it yet, but can't afford to with the Folks around. Been taking care of MIL who had eye procedure last week. go look at my blog. I finished my swatch for the Misticlight KAL