Monday, November 27, 2006

Cedar Fire - Three years later

October 26, 2003 was the scariest day of my life. I live on the rim of a Canyon that the Santa Ana winds were driving a fire westward right toward us. Luckily the winds died down and the fire stopped a mile east of us. They named it the Cedar Fire. It will always be know to me and my family as THE FIRE!

That fire burned one of our favorite spots in the county, Cuyamaca Rancho State Park. Yesterday we drove up with Annie, The Dog. (That's her full name.) Here are pictures of what a horrible wild fire driven by Santa Ana Winds looks like three years later. It's heart breaking to see.


















































Color in the East basin of Lake Cuyamaca.
One of the few unburned spots.














And I finished a pair of socks done in Opal's Rain Forest Chameleon. How's that for total juxtaposition?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the socks. Was watching you work on them. You're my sock guru... And thanks to you, oh oracle, I've been flipping them off my needles like nobody's business! All Hail, I'm not worthy and all that jazz...