Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Date in a Box - Just add People

My older daughter and SIL celebrated their Third Anniversary April 17th, which is the day after daughter's Birthday. (I warned her; our Anniversary is the day after Christmas!) I have a hard enough time figuring out what to get for her Birthday that I'm out of ideas when it comes to an Anniversary present for the two of them. This year I went with gift cards but I still wanted to be able to hand them a present.

Date in a Box
I made a stab bound book, each page held a gift card.
Four gift certificates to cover a date night: dinner, a movie with Starbucks and Cinnabons for afterwards all conveniently located in one local Mall not to far from their home.

This book went into a covered box tied with a blue bow.
blue box and bow

the box and book
date in a box

and close-up of one of the pages
inside

That BookArts class I took seven years ago has really enabled me to creatively give a gift certificate with out having to just hand over an envelope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, great idea!

(I'm catching up on the posts I missed & commenting all at once)

And hey! You got a wheel! Those Sonatas are lovely--now you have to bring it to class. ;)

Wow, gorgeous lock pics!

I love the picture of your boy, what a cutie he was. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Also, holy crap! Black Sheep! Dang this year is whizzing by. I am going this year, there will be no stopping me.

I hope I can get the workshops I want and tent space.