Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Scared me at First!

The flight to Portland was very nice; spent the first half of the flight (to Reno) talking sock knitting with a woman that had knit sweaters for her babies but never had success with socks. She was talking about finding a Yarn Shop and taking a sock class by the time we landed. (I'm converting 'em one person at a time.)

Downtown Portland we found Knit-Purl;
http://www.knit-purl.com/Products/Product.php?Product_ID=297
what a wonderful yarn shop. They carry an amazing amount of yarn: Rowan, Habu, Koigu, and lots more. They also now carry their own brand yarn Shibui - very nice yarn! Their sock yarn was just discussed on Knit Review. I bought two skeins of their fingeringweight in Teal and two skeins of Koigu for socks too.

Finally got to our hotel and they sure gave me a 15 minute fright until they found the box I'd shipped. Took them four phone calls to different people and calling in someone that was off duty before they could locate my spinning wheel. I was really freaking there for awhile! So now everyone can relax.

I'm using the Macbook to post with and I can't figure out how to put in embeded links sorry.

Tomorrow driving down to Eugene.

No comments: